Thursday, August 7, 2008

Temporary reprieve confirmed

I am grateful for this news. This morning, my lawyer again asked the city to sit down with us and work something out. I really hope this can happen.

From: Scott Hughes
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 12:07:11 -0300
To: Francesca Rogier
Cc: Andrea Macdonald
Subject: Re: Confirmation of suspension of euthanization order

Ms. Rogier,

Please be advised that I have spoken with Lori Scolaro and Andrea Macdonald at HRM Animal Control. The euthanization of your dog Brindi has been postponed until your present Court action is decided, and if necessary, any appeal routes have been exhausted. Of course, if the Supreme Court does order the dog not to be euthanized, the matter will be re-evaluated at that time. 

Sincerely, Scott Hughes

[my note: email addresses were eliminated automatically by the blogspot editor - not my doing, but perhaps it's best]

I am posting this picture not as a sign of victory, because a reprieve is simply a reprieve - the order still stands. So let this be very small gesture of hope and love.