Monday, March 8, 2010

Pin It

Another story: heart attack after dog seized

Every time something appears in the local paper, I seem to get another phone call from a stranger with a story to share. Yesterday, a woman left a message that made me hold my breath. She said she knows exactly how I feel and what I am going through: in fact, after her dog was taken away, she had a heart attack. The pain behind her voice was tangible.

"We are supposed to be kind to animals," she says on the message, "But we are not being kind when we take it away from the person they love. I would like to talk to you. I would like to support you to the highest."

This morning, I called her back and left a message. I'm hoping she'll phone tonight, though I almost dread hearing yet another painful and senseless story. I will share whatever she allows.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just saw your story on Face book and I just wanted you to know that I have shared it with everyone I know and have dedicated today on my blog for SAVE BRINDI! http://laggylife.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/free-brindi/ I wish you well, as I say in my blog I don't think I could get through the day! Love and strength to you and your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only just learned of the crazy predicament you and Brindi are in, tonight on the news. I live in East Chezzetcook, but I had no idea this was going on. I have familiarized myself with this by reading all the blogs, newspaper articles, videos, etc... here on the internet tonight. I am so appalled and angry. The whole thing to me seems like the result of a 'witch hunt'. I am so sorry this had to happen to you and Brindi. My heart goes out to you both! Please hang in there! PS: I signed both petitions. Wish I could do more. I'll look again in the left margin of your blog site for info on who I may write to and contact regarding this injustice. Wish I could help you out financially too, but we're dirt poor -- honest. Here is my email if you'd like to contact me -- ma_deveau@hotmail.com -- please edit it from public view if you decide to post my comment on your blog. All my love to you and Brindi, ~ Mariette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, give us feedback about brindi's story....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Only users with Google accounts may post comments. Others may contact me via facebook.